Thursday, June 5, 2014

To Infinity and Beyond

      One word. Nine letters. No not ecphonema (an interjection)but Economics. E-C-O-N-O-M-I-C-S. So far I have kind of decided exactly what I want to do in college. Yes, in almost one week of being in this class I have already decided where I want to go, what I want to major in, what house I’ll have, who I am going to marry, how many kids I’m going to have, etc. Okay maybe not all of those but the second one is definitely a go. I plan on studying economics with a specification in behavioral economics and probably a minor in psychology… and theatre of course! I have come to realize that economics is the study of cause and effect within an economy. For every decision is a consequence, good or bad, the butterfly effect. Supply and demand is key and we (the consumers) control it, partly. Chapter 1 of the book Naked Economics has really opened my eyes to the references to economics all around me. It is easy to understand and relatable to the reader. 
      To further my knowledge into this effective topic of choice, I expect to learn about what economics has to do with life. I want to know in great detail what such an important topic has to do with everything around me and what everything around me has to do with this important topic. And how to apply it? Well I guess we'll just have to wait and find out. 

4 comments:

  1. I like your optimism Jayla. Economics can help us understand life with a better understanding, but as you said, we will just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Naked Economy is an interesting book and is easy to understand. I hope you get yourself a great home and also hope that person you're planning to marry is a good guy, get to know him better lol (Wisewords101). It's good that you understand Economics very well and that you are already experiencing what an econ class teaches. Oh forgot to say, don't have many kids because the market that your kids and you will have will not work because then they would want everything they see at the store. But overall the book does have a lot of great examples and it explains things clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you said about every action in our economy having an effect on someone down the line because i do not think alot of people realize that and realize how complex our economy really is. I also agree with what you said about the book being relate able; i found it very interesting and easy to read, making economics easier to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your confidence in making decisions about your future so far in advance. The book Naked Economics really opened my eyes to the relevance and importance of economics in daily life and decision making, and I agree that it was relatable and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete